Sunday, January 16, 2011

Brand New Blog

It has been many years since I have blogged.

So here I am, back in the blogging world. Things have become very interesting in  my life, most of which I have only shared with two people. I figured it would be a good idea to chronicle the upcoming months, and possibly years if things go as planned. More on that in a minute.

A little about me, for those who don't know me. I am a 33 year old mother of two AWESOME kids. I am divorced and have been in a relationship with the same man now for four years. We will be getting married, which I have not announced to family since a date has not been set.

Those that know me well understand that it's a pretty big step for me to agree to go down the aisle again! But he is worth it. I can't see myself as happy as I am now with any other man. So, he's a keeper. And he can cook too.... hell I would be crazy to let that go! (wink)

The next big step is that I am going to spend this next year going through a weight loss adventure. See, if I call it an adventure it might not be so bad right? RIGHT? (sigh, lol)

There's a reason for the weight loss adventure.  Besides the obvious health benefits, there's something even bigger. I want to have another child.

WHAT? Did she just say that? BUT, but...

I had my tubes tied in June 2004. I was totally at peace with having this done because between my ex husband and myself we had FIVE children. All of them living with us at the time I gave birth to my youngest. Who wouldn't want their tubes tied living with that many kids, right? Well, I didn't expect my marriage to end in divorce. I didn't expect to ever want another baby, have I mentioned my youngest had horrible colic? I was done, or so I thought. 

Fast forward to now and I have met and fallen in love with a wonderful man. He has no biological children of his own, but raises his step son from a previous marriage. He is an excellent parent, even better than I am about certain things (cough*patience*cough). I know that he would love to have a biological child of his own, and he knows I can't give it to him with having my tubes tied. I would love to give him the gift of having his own flesh and blood to hold in his arms. Also, I don't feel like I am done having children.The tubal procedure is something I regret now.

That's enough for tonight's blog. I figured I would open this blog up and tell everyone where my life is now. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment